Tradewind Forums
MP Leg 028-1 KSEA-PANT - Printable Version

+- Tradewind Forums (https://www.tradewind.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Tradewind Forums (https://www.tradewind.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Screenshots (https://www.tradewind.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: MP Leg 028-1 KSEA-PANT (/showthread.php?tid=334)

MP Leg 028-1 KSEA-PANT - TCA2050 - 09-25-2010

Some of my screenshots of session 28

First, map of the flight.
This first leg took us from Seattle (SEA) to Annette Island in Alaska (PANT)

Departure from SEA RWY16L... I'm kickin' in some burner... Vic just took off from 16R with his CitationX

Leaving SEA, Par ahead

Descending towards Annette Island

on left downwind for RW12

Turning base

and coming in for landing

All shut down and waiting for Vic, Christian and Par

Christian also arrives at PANT

So far Leg 1 of this session, for the pictures of leg 2 see the next post...

RE: MP Leg 028-1 KSEA-PANT - CBreuer - 09-26-2010

Hi Stefaan.

These are also very good pictures and the FB-111A is looking really good. I think I have exactly the same. We will see when I post my pictures as well later on.

RE: MP Leg 028-1 KSEA-PANT - TCA2050 - 09-26-2010

(09-26-2010, 07:23 AM)CBreuer Wrote: Hi Stefaan.

These are also very good pictures and the FB-111A is looking really good. I think I have exactly the same. We will see when I post my pictures as well later on.

Hi Christian,
I bumped into it this week, it's indeed the AlphaSim F111 that's been taken over by Virtavia after Alphasim stopped.
Love flying it.. and it has such a nice roar Music

RE: MP Leg 028-1 KSEA-PANT - BigSwede - 09-26-2010

OK, here comes my pictures from the MP session.

At KSEA - Seattle ready to pushback and taxi to RWY

Holding Short at RWY03L

Overview as it looked in Gooble Earth

Seattle city ahead

Our first stop at PANT - Annette Island

Overview as it looked in Gooble Earth

Time to change AC for our first fligth in Alaska
check post 28-2

RE: MP Leg 028-1 KSEA-PANT - admintca - 09-26-2010

Did you drop in to see Rick and have a beer with him? Bye

(09-25-2010, 11:28 PM)TCA2050 Wrote: First, map of the flight.
This first leg took us from Seattle (SEA) to Annette Island in Alaska

RE: MP Leg 028-1 KSEA-PANT - RedBaron - 09-26-2010

Well, guys I thought I would use a more powerful version of the FW-190 series, the TA-152C, but for some reason it was hopelessly underpowered compared to a Citation X, or the ERJ that Pär used (later en-route he changed to the default B737) and not to forget Stefaan, who was using the big hammer itself: The F-111!

So I was obviously flying the slowest aircraft of this small group of maniacsBiggrin

OK, hold short at RWY 16C and in the background you can see Pär holding short at 34R.

The departure went fine, but for some reason I had a heading deviation of nearly 180 degrees, so I was heading into the wrong direction for the beginning of the flight, but after reloading the aircraft everything was fine again, but I lost considerable time (15-20 minutes at the end).
I had to try several altitudes for a good ground speed outcome. First I tried 20000 feet, but climbed to FL380 later on, but decided to get down to FL280 which indeed got the fastest result, but increased fuel burn...

The flight to Annette Island was rather uneventful and so I arrived there after another quick crash (overspeed let to loss of control of the elevator, which was completely ineffective during the pull up). Nevertheless here i am at Annette Island parked next to the FB-111A.

For the second leg you have to visit Part II of these reportsYes
(09-26-2010, 09:43 AM)admintca Wrote: Did you drop in to see Rick and have a beer with him? Bye

(09-25-2010, 11:28 PM)TCA2050 Wrote: First, map of the flight.
This first leg took us from Seattle (SEA) to Annette Island in Alaska

I think not, as he was busy fixing the forum. RoflRunandhide

RE: MP Leg 028-1 KSEA-PANT - TCA2050 - 09-26-2010

(09-26-2010, 09:50 AM)RedBaron Wrote: Well, guys I thought I would use a more powerful version of the FW-190 series, the TA-152C, ..............

Very nice pictures Christian, we prove that FS9 is still here to stay!
This FW-190 is definitely a very nice aircraft... nice lines